Friday, October 9, 2009

I've been feeling...so I wrote...

And You Are…?

Thoughts of you run through my mind as naturally as a shooting star gains wishes during its run.

They turn over and over and I can’t stop them from flowing in…resistance is futile.

Like Deborah Cox said, “Nobody’s supposed to be here.”

Not that I put up walls or a barbwire fence…it’s just that…

You see, very few people wander into these parts without an invitation.

But the magnetic pull between us sucked you in with no advanced notice.

We seem to be simply orbiting around each other, slowly lessening the distance between us.

.

So now that you are here…we seem to be on an inevitable collision course.

This isn’t just an uninhabited planet about to be stricken by an abandoned satellite.

This is two planets, alive and vibrant, about to touch bases and do more than just bump and grind.

We are close enough that I see your surface area, and you in turn, see mine.

As our worlds turn we occasionally see a little more when the cloud cover permits.

We haven’t learned the other’s weather patterns or even seen the sun and moon.

Somehow we instinctually assume that they will match and not clash once we do make contact.

.

A shift in rotation seems of the necessary actions next in line.

Pushing any kind of movement could send either one of us spinning out of control though.

We have to be careful not to upset the ones abiding within, for they give us life.

The bump itself, no matter how soft, gentle and easy, is going to at least make waves.

We just want to prevent earthquakes, tidal waves and hurricanes as a result.

I believe it’s possible, if everything else remains normal, for us anyway.

We have yet to truly discover what is normal for the other as of yet, time will tell.

.

If our weather, orbits and rotations are not “normal” to others, that’s ok.

As long as we understand each other thoroughly and are open to learning the changes that come along,

I think we’ll be fine, regardless of the interpretations from outsiders who aren’t influenced by our spheres of existence.

So I’m officially inquiring as a new convert to your sights and atmosphere.

So far, what I see, I like, and I’m craving just a bit more to view at every full circle turn.

I’m fairly sure that you are observing my attributes and weighing in your thoughts accordingly.

So feel free to get that bird’s eye view, and even touch down to walk among the fields.

.

If…when we collide, you want to build a bridge to connect us throughout the ages, take a sample of my earth’s depths, so that you may feel fully informed.

Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment