Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How many of us...specially my females...do this? LOL

Patience Is a Virtue

It’s one a.m. and counting.

I wonder if you are thinking of me.

No. You’re tucked in and sleeping.

Maybe you’re dreaming of me…maybe not.

I wish I’d dream of you tonight,

Then wake to find my dream come true.

.

I look at my clock with glowing red numbers,

A warning not to do it.

I glace guiltily at my cell,

Type a text and hesitate before pressing SEND.

Immediately I regret trying to wake you.

I mean…trying to see if you’re still up.

.

Why do I do this?

I make myself look desperate.

When I just want to make myself understood.

At this point, how could you not know?

I text, call, email and comment on your status daily.

Wow. Do you feel loved and appreciated…or stalked?

.

As bad as I felt moments ago,

I contemplate “checking” on you again.

I shake my head and giggle.

Yeah that’s the way to invade your dreams!

Let’s trigger my ringtone multiple times while you sleep.

Wait. Who says you’ve even given me a ringtone?

.

Insanity thrives on this end of the electronic divide

As I stare at the disappointing silence.

I check to make sure the phone is on.

I send and receive a text with someone else.

Yeah, it’s still working properly.

You’re sleeping when you should be. Imagine that.

.

So instead of doing something constructive,

I sit and wait, thinking of you.

I watch other texts light up on my phone.

I vent my own frustrations through my pen.

I reread the one text with which I indulged myself.

“Sweet dreams for the gentle giant.”

Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

1 comment: