Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On the spot...

True Colors

I’m gonna school y’all about colors just a bit,
So open your minds a little while I spit.
Just to let you know
Black is not a nonexistent color that forgot to show.
Because black in all actuality
Exists because it absorbs everything in its entirety.

So when you decide you want to throw hate,
Black soaks it up and hate dissipates.
You see nothing, nothing coming out
But suddenly there’s a black fist emerging from my mouth.
You throw opposition and give hard times at length,
Black like me absorbs it and serves up strength.

So if black absorbs you may wanna beware of white too.
See that’s the other side of me that will spit it back at you.
White is the reflection of everything you toss my way.
So keep the ‘tude in check; I won’t hold mine at bay.
Now if you want to express a little love to me
I can dig that too and maybe you and me can be “we”.

Anyway, I hope you really liked my little rhyme.
Just remember what you send out, comes back multiplied.


Copyright © 2010 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment