Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 3

Gone Is What You Are

I miss who I was when you looked at me.
I miss who we were when we were we.
I miss the way you excited me.
Now all I feel is sorrow.

I'm sorry for thinking the way I did.
I'm sorry that I lost that bid.
I'm sorry about the feelings I hid.
Apologies at this point are useless.

We used the cover of the dark to escalate.
We used smiles to explain why we were late.
We used each other as a clean slate.
What we did is in the past.

Passing you now would hurt too much.
Passing you quickly to avoid a touch.
Passing you along to the next brings such...
Pain is what remains.

Remain with me.
Remain true.
Stay.

Copyright © 2010 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. Love the flow of rhymes! Very nice! "We used smiles to explain why we were late"- Natasha Guy, a touch of humour surrounding the sadness. That put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete