Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Under New Management

Here I am at the door to my heart

I’ve given too many the key.

So now I stand in confidence

The lock is changed and the new owner is me.

I’m making a comeback,

Loud, strong and proud.

But I’m doing it quietly,

Not drawing a crowd.

Most who had a key,

Didn’t bother with it for long.

Love felt so deep

But didn’t outlast a song.

There are a few of them out there though,

They’ve coveted the given key,

They’ve hidden it away

Sometimes held it with glee.

These chosen few

They always seem to return.

Not to open the door,

Just making sure the handle still turns.

What a surprise it will be,

Next time they try

They may even knock,

But that’s not gonna fly.

It’s time for me to be selective again

And I can tell by lookin’ nah you’re not him.

Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment