Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another one

Not Real Enough For Me

This won’t be light and fluffy

You won’t be able to walk away and say, “Aw that was nice.”

I’m coming at you straight from the heart.

If you think you can handle it, you’d better think twice.

I’m calling out everyone who calls themselves close

Who are you replicating when I need you the most?

What shoes are you trying to fill?

Looking like a child in their mama’s heels.

I need full, able bodied, whole minded people to surround me with understanding.

People who have been there, done that and are aspiring to reach…

Don’t come at me with some poster child remix of our parent’s goals.

Grow up, manipulate the ideas in your mind so that we can teach!

Why are you just a one hit wonder stuck on replay?

I need something different than the crap shoved at me day after day.

Where are my real people at?

Fashion today is borrowed from yesteryear.

Where are the talented minds of today with originality, not living in fear?

Doesn’t anyone have something of value to contribute?

Rather than offering up some butchered up, sped up, fucked up tribute?

We all need to retrieve our minds from the merry go round.

Jump off and let your own feet carry you into the future you’ve found

How can you rise above when you keep reliving the past?

We are supposed to learn from history, not rush to repeat it fast.

It’s not complicated, nothing is ever that complicated.

I just need to know where my real people have gone.

Everything has origins, this I know,

But when you have an origin, it’s something from which you grow.

But once I take away your founding position,

I’m left with nothing but monotone composition.

Someone come at me with something real,

Anger, love, pain as long as I can feel,

Something, anything from what you offer up

I’m tired of this rut, tired of being stuck.

Too much of the same again and again

Changing position, crying, screaming out in pain

My mind is frustrated with overstimulation

I’m searching for simple relief from this constipation.

I look in your eyes, at your walk, and listen to your voice.

My innards bubble up, I have no choice.

I must expel what yesterday sat still

Because your regurgitated efforts just are not real.

I’m lost and trapped in a sedentary mess

Where is the real person that can withstand the test?

So holler out with me if your soul too bleeds

If it’s crying out for someone to fulfill the needs

The emptiness left from lack of something new

Tell me, have I found it in you?

Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment