Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An oldie but goodie lol

A Required Glimpse

I may have loved you once, innocently and sweet,

But it turned to something perverse which never satisfied me.

I craved you and poured from my soul,

Begging and pleading for you to make me whole.

You never had the power I assumed, for with innocence I also had ignorance.

You and I together led me to a place of understanding, that it was time to get off the fence.

I couldn’t be who I wanted to be and still be with you.

I’d have to give up too much of me and change my point of view.

The only problem with that, is I like what I see when I look out and survey the world.

With you things seemed lighter and heavenly, but the air quality just about made me hurl.

It seemed like a fantasy even as we were living our love out.

Feeling that things are too good to be true can plant that little seed of doubt.

Now that we’ve come down off of that high called love.

I’m growing back into me, my skin fitting like a glove.

I laid my heart on the line and I don’t see that as a mistake.

But I see what has been broken and that I can’t remake.

Although change is hard and it’s very sad to confidently say,

I mourn this change, but wouldn’t have it any other way.

I had to see what it was like; I had to have that place.

I needed to feel what it was like to bring a smile to your face.

Now that I know what it’s like, I know it was a necessary feat

Even with knowledge of the end of lover’s lane, the cul de sac of our street.

I’m glad we made this journey together you and I

Despite the rough landing we had to try to fly.

Much like two trains in the same place at the same time,

It’s time to move on and continue to climb.

So heads up as we charge farther away.

Perhaps our paths will cross another time, another day.



Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment