Monday, August 31, 2009

The Pond of My Dreams

The Pond of My Dreams

The fluid shadows bouncing off of even the shallowest pool of water give my surroundings an ethereal feel.

I could float into the dreamland of my personal spa…if the water rose about my ears when I lay down.

I hear the womb like beating of my heart echoing like a giant’s footfall, bigger than life itself.

The smells of lavender and chamomile take up residence in my olfactory sensors and I breathe; out with the stress in with relaxation.

As I reposition myself, I slosh a bit of water onto my lips and purse them when I recognize the bitter taste of clean, pH balanced liquid.

I sigh heavily as I rise fully aware that all my senses have been bothered and disturbed.

The water that was to rock me into oblivion, the candles that claimed to be pleasurable to me inside and out, the extra water treatments to preserve the pooling fluid around me, all of this completely failed when my waterbed sprang a leak in the middle of the night. And thus, I brilliantly star in my very own personal wet dream.

Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment