Wednesday, June 10, 2009

When Will You LISTEN?

When Will You LISTEN?

When I stand alone hands raised and open my mouth wide towards the heavens can you hear my cry?

Or am I as noiseless as a tree that falls in the forest with no one around?

With my hand on the mic and my lips moving a mile a minute with thousands of fans screaming my name,

Have you heard a word that I’ve said or is it all white noise that fills the Ipod Nano in your hand?

Have you given thought to the text that flows from my lips reading the prose that pours from my very heart?

Or are you simply here in the supportive fashion that parental and guiding sources assume is the correct position?

When I fly thru the door with an AK47 in my hand bellowing for even two seconds at the other end of your ear, that one opposite your brain,

Do you recognize the pain in my voice that emanates from deep within the heart that once loved you?

What will happen when the last tree falls and the forest is gone? Will you hear me then? Or will you just make more paper?

When the last fan is gone and I’m still standing, mic in my hand looking at empty seats…will you look at the lyrics etched in the jacket of my newest CD then? Or will you add it to the bargain bin?

When my heart has turned to stone because I’ve poured it all out in search of a true listener…will you ask and wonder what happened to me? Even though I painted a picture book and map to show you the way and you witnessed the tragedy as it unfolded?

As you pry the deadly assault weapon from my lifeless hands, hands that took their lives and mine. Then will you ask what was it that I always said?

Just for once I wish you would have listened.

I may as well have my lips surgically removed and my gums laced together with my jaws wired shut, because then thru my silence you may hear my cry. My silence is more deafening than the loudest calamity that’s flown thru the earth’s atmosphere in search of your ears.

Copyright 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment