Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This one was heart felt...for alot of my friends.

In Your Own Way

Thru the eye, how are things perceived?

From just that line of sight can real beauty be achieved?

Should it be sought after like a treasure of pure gold?

Or is it more like the legend of Ft Knox? An unknown that we will never behold?

Be it an idea in our heads just like a picture

What I choose to believe is that it’s like a mixture.

A little bit of this and add a sprinkle of that

Sit down just a minute so we can have a quick chat.

Now he wants to know about you in 20 words or less

With these ramifications can you let him see your best?

How much of you can you hand to him this way?

If you don’t know about you, why should he go out of his way?

He says, "I'm not saying you aren’t worth the discovery or the time

I'm just asking shouldn’t you invest yours before asking me to spend mine?

From the little that I do see, you appear to be a gem

But tell me are you capable of allowing me deeper than him?

“Him being the boy in men's clothing that you last let in.

The one that came and played around and made you sour for other men.

I see you say you've lived and learned, vowing to guard yourself well

But why should I expose all of me while you’re hiding in your shell?

"Just because I am a man doesn’t mean i have no fear,

It just means I'll let you know what it takes to keep me here

I hear all the time that women want and need a real man

Now that I'm here, tell me how much of me you understand?

“Do you know that I too crave love and respect?

Am I not worth you looking your best and coming correct?

How about you make sure I know how much I mean to you

Before flying off at the mouth, why don’t you sit back and see what I can do?

“Please don’t assume you know me or assign me to a certain type

Don’t go by what your single girlfriends tell you, don’t believe the hype.

I can be all about you girl, because I like what I see

But when you turn to your girls it grows beyond you and me

“If I wanted to date your friends, if I was into what they do

Then I wouldn’t have stepped to them asking all about you.

I don’t want to hear that they're your girls and your peeps

Look at what I'm offering, I'm playing for keeps.”

Now you look at him thinkin’ this man has got to be trippin’

He looks and smells good, but maybe he’s just into pimpin’

Already you’ve pegged this confident man

Grouping him with those merely playing their hand.

He shakes his head seeing the fear taking over your mind

Says thank you ma’am for time, you’ve been extremely kind

He collects his swagger, his truth that he laid at your feet

He gets up and walks on to find the woman ready to meet

The man that stepped out of her dreams.

Copyright 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment