Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Yay for Inspiration



Attached


Damn it if I haven't gotten stuck on you,

And it's not as simple as coming unglued.

It's like industrial strength velcro,

My emotions dragging me to an all new low.

Somehow, in your eyes, I fell.




I know, theoretically, I have no right

To even justify wanting to fight.

Not for you, you're not a prize to be won,

But to fight to be loved, like one of your guns.

A love that I'd wear well.




Yes, I know, love is a 4-letter word.

Using it now, to you, seems absurd.

Remember when I said my feelings tend to overwhelm?

Well they're on their own course and I'm not at the helm.

Truth be told, I'm not doing well.




I had my heart set on opening up,

Then exciting thoughts of you made it erupt.

Now you've decided to start down a new path,

And my feelings for you need to take an ice bath.

You had me coming out of my shell.




It's not your fault that I went down so hard.

I was the one who released my guard.

I feel pretty stupid, but that's typical for me.

Apparently I like to wish for things that can never be.

One day my name won't even ring a bell.




I'm working on training my heart to say, "Oh well."




Copyright © 2013 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment