Friday, January 18, 2013

2 Newbies


Smoke Screens

You managed to charm me with your gorgeous set of lips.
The curved temptations which wrapped themselves
Around intoxicating incantations, crafting new dreams.
My body contorted and twisted to the bewitching tempo,
Responding in ways that I’d forgotten were possible.

Then the sexy, alluring smile took quite a different turn.
Once I got up close and personal, I belatedly saw clearly.
While I’d been blinded by visions of happiness in my head, I missed
The twisted sneer that had replaced the cause of rosy cheeks.
My imagination led me to believe that we were both dancing.

But, in reality, you simply played the tune and watched me twirl.
Did it amuse you to witness me bending for your enjoyment?
Was it a pleasing sensation to your funny bone to see how hard I tried?
Well, I hope you were thoroughly tickled by the spectacle.
It’s time for the curtain to fall, because the show is over.

I know there will be no applause, no shouts for an encore.
You’re already on your way to the next stage, one foot out the door.
I don’t blame you for being in the audience. It’s not your fault, that’s true.
After all, I’m the one who sent the ticket, the only one I had, to you.
And to the door closing loudly behind you, I simply bid, “Adieu.”




Rebirthing Forever

The moment when things change forever.
The forever you thought you had a grasp on.
When that forever you dreamt of evaporates.
That’s the moment I’m living.

My heart hurts, along with my head and puffy eyes.
I need to silence the wails and fade the images
With cheap wine and Adele’s music downloads.
Because old vices still make great bandaids.

But the up side is that I get to dream a new forever.
My next forever may even last a bit longer.
Who knows, it may last beyond the dream.
Wouldn’t that be a hoot?

So for now, I mourn my forever’s death.
And tomorrow I get a new paint set
To design and create the next one.
The forever that may last, forever more.


Copyright © 2013 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. Both are so deep and profound. But I really love Rebirthing!!! Truth.com

    ReplyDelete