Thursday, March 17, 2011

Writing myself out of a funk

I stole some sunshine last week. I put it in my back pocket and forgot about it. Then my sister tried to borrow my jeans. She said they didn’t fit her like they should, shrugged them off and left them hanging on my newel post. And there they sat until laundry day. Which is when I ran out of jeans to wear, except for those. I threw them on with my oldest shirt and when I got to the front door with my hands full of dirty laundry and Tide detergent I just stared. I stared out at the mud puddles pooling around my retro sport car’s tires that needed replacing, the dark clouds hiding bumpy oak roots that would trip me, and the rain that would turn my candy curled locks into a fro. Then, as if by magic, I remembered the little piece of sunshine that still sat in my back pocket for such a day as this. I reached in deep and pulled out a candid picture of just your smile. Then all I saw were rainbows <3

Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. That is very nice. We should all find that sunshine and save it for a rainy day...

    ReplyDelete