Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life's Realities

You know the secrets that lie between my folds….and my ears.
And when someone asked what makes me smile,
All I could think was, “His hand touching my chin.”
Because, as I’ve said before, I find you in everything me.

And my biggest disappointment, yet most important realization to date 
Has been that I will have some of my best moments, without you,
But they won’t be my best until I share them with you
And you tell me how proud you are and how much you love me.

Then all the previous moments that built up to that moment 
Will start outshining the moment that I’m telling you about,
Because without those times when you built me up and pushed me on
When you encouraged me and told me that you had no doubts about me…

I would not be where I am now, without you believing in me.
Not saying that I wouldn’t be great, just that I wouldn’t be here.
And the more that we go on together, pushing and pulling, simultaneous and not,
I find that the secret is: not trying to figure out the secret, because it’s different for everyone.

I can’t compare us to them, and she to me, and you to he, because they are not we.
But can I get a tiny glimpse of my fantasies mixed within our reality?
While no one ever has time for the in between things that mix and bind
Our yesteryear to forevermore; someone has to make the connections.

So while you make time to make the plans and constantly go hard in the paint
For the future that I dare to dream about and you strive your hardest to create,
I won’t take for granted the times that we share within each other’s hearts and presence
If you try to remember not to take for granted how I stitch together the seams between them.

Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. wow, this piece had fingers, I felt this one. Write on, write on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading and for your comment!

    ReplyDelete