Monday, January 24, 2011

Reverb10/11: Days 18-24!

Ok Ok so I fell a littttttle bit behind lol. I'm catching up today! Let the madness begin!

18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?
I want to try being more open in my personal relationships. I tried this same thing in 2010, but made very little progress. I've already made progress this year; more than my total progress last year. When I tried last year, I had a break down or something. I don't know what to call it, but it wasn't pretty. This year is and will continue to be better! Viva Change!

19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
Some of my insecurities were healed in 2010. That road is a long one and I try to take a step on it all the time. Sometimes it happens and sometimes I even fall further behind my hike. I'd like to actually continue on that same "drip-by-drip evolution" but maybe get it up to a steady trickle this year! Insecurities and trust issues often piggy back. I usually have them in check...but sometimes, like everyone else, I slip and have to regain my own footing.

20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) 
In 2010, I wanted to start a business. I have 2 mapped out. There were several reasons why they didn't happen, but they most certainly will! This year, hopefully by August I'll have at least one up and running. *crossing fingers* I would love to have both of them up by the end of the year. Only time (and me trying to cure my procrastination) will tell!

21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?)
Future self would say, omg do it already! So that I can be further than you ever dreamed. Yes, you'll be happy. Yes, you'll be in what you only thought was a dream. Take the leap and prepare to smile.
To Younger self: Babe, you get to have 2 kids. Not the way you want them, but you do get them. Things will be ok. Breathing, praying, crying and laughing will all be sources of refuge. Don't worry about using them sparingly, because there's always more where they came from.

22 – Travel How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?
In 2010, I crossed the US from CA to LA, then from FL to CA via road trips (whew). This year, I want to possibly go to NY and IN (stateside) and Ireland, maybe Haiti too, as far as abroad. Again, only time will tell =)

23 – New Name Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?
LOL!!! Sparkle or Toesox! Because they are nicknames I've grown quite fond of. I twirl, I laugh, I dance, and try to maintain my colorful attitude and style! My toesox were on my twitter and facebook profiles for a long while and have just recently changed. Something fun and bouncy would be my choice!

24 – Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? 
I had a momentary split/disagreement/issue with my guy last year. But I was somewhat stubborn and insisted it wouldn't be the end. And it wasn't. This of course reinstated/reinforced my believe in Immortal Love. It's tangible and invisible, strong and fragile, common and elusive, all in all...it's mine 



Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment