Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reverb10

So one of my friends, @britters_43 , did Reverb10 last month (Dec 2010). Due to all the stuff I was doing, I couldn't. So...I wanna do it this month! I got all of the prompts from the website, Reverb10 , and now it's time to catch up. So up up and away I go! Where I stop...well we DO know because I stop with today's date lol. Time to blog!

1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? 
This year...the word was...assertion. I allowed myself to be assertive. I found that balance (assertive) between passive and aggressive. Now this year, I would love for the word to be Love, but I'd cherish if it were communication. I'm pretty bad at that. Being a writer this makes NO sense. Gotta work on that...pronto. Communicating with folks on "topics", THAT I can do. Communicating my feelings and something about me? Wellllll....gotta have something to work on right? LOL

2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
I play games! I removed them from my facebook apps...just to find a site to play on. I've foresaken FB, twitter, yahoo, AIM and the like to play games *shameface* I could eliminate it, however, right now I'm just limiting. This is a gradual process!

3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year-2010. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
I felt alive when I admitted  I was in love. I was actually in the shower, lathering up with Hot Chocolate shower gel suds. It hit me as I was rinsing. I had let my guard down enough to love again. Telling him was something else in its entirety lol.

4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
I watch my kids learn and grow. Every time they learn something new, I have a sense of wonder about it. Children are amazing creatures.

5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
It was all year long. But I let go of some folks who were irritations. I didn't want to, simply because of the repercussions that I thought there would be. It's like when someone speaks of divorce and folks say, "It's cheaper to keep her." That's how I felt about it. The freedom that came from it was worth the pending "cost" that I was scared would follow. Turns out, I was scared of nothing but my own freedom!

6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? 
I make stuff ALL the time! I made changes to my blog today and I think that should count! I love the new layout and theme. I changed some of my headings. I like it! Hopefully you do too!!!

Welcome to the beginning of my reverb10...or I guess maybe this is reverb11 for me lol. Folks that know me KNOW that I'm always the horse of a diffy color, the strange one, the one wearing rainbow toesox lol! Now that I'm all caught up...I'll find something else to do and hopefully not find myself gaming again lol!! Toodles!

Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment