Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New Muse Acquired!

The Gateway to Wonderland

You sit there,
Situated carefully,
On the side
Of a rabbit hole.

Your legs dangle freely
Into the dark abyss
Which swallows the soles
Of your feet.

Your mind fills
With intrigue
About the depth and
Wonders held within.

Be careful, my inquisitive mate.
There is no bottom to catch you.
You will never stop falling.
And I don’t own a catcher’s mitt.

So you balance,
Perched thoughtfully
Upon the edge
Of the rabbit hole.

You contemplate
Whether or not your fears
Are composed of
Justified precautions.

Is your curiosity
Strong enough
To protect you during
Your descent?

We all consider chasing
After the cream colored
Rabbit rumored to live
Among the mystery.

And, you ponder while seated,
Lost in your thoughts,
Upon the rim
Of my rabbit hole.

The unknown held
Within the confines
Of the walls
Tempts you.

The pull is strong,
But you are not yet ready
To throw your reservations
Down the hole ahead of you.

Curious.
Scared.
Turned on.
The Tri-fecta.

You see, I refuse
To lie to you,
Or anyone really,
About anything
Pertaining to my
Dwelling place.

This unique space
That currently lies
Within your reach
Is one with which
I’m quite familiar and,
Of which, I am fond.

All of the colors
You may see
When you choose
The experience
Cannot be explained,
Only witnessed.

The smells and tastes
That hang in equal tandem
Upon your most sensitive
Receptors are often times
Incomparable to your
Previous involvement.

And the sensations
Grip and pull at every inch
Of your submerged
Skin, teasing it, causing
A rising reaction to occur in
Salutation to the aggressors.

I cannot properly explain
What you will or will not hear.
As those who’ve come before
You have heard everything from
Silent, open-mouthed screams to
Growls and purrs of satisfaction.

All of that to say:
Nothing can prepare you,
Not my invitation or my warning.
The adventure begins with a choice.
So tell me, have you settled on
What will your decision be?

Copyright © 2014 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment