Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just Another Poem


Fault Lines

You didn’t speed off in a getaway car,
But you ran like hell all the same.
You left lame justifications on the bar,
I thought sugared glasses would soothe the pain.
I was wrong.

You fled after you laid the blame in my lap,
Called me cold hearted, unwilling to be loved.
My face turned red, angered by the hard slap
Delivered by your hand wearing a soft glove.
You were wrong.

I told you that you would be the one to leave.
You said love doesn’t hurt, so I took you at your word.
I knew at the start, I would wind up the one to grieve,
I felt the crack in my heart before it was ever heard.
I wasn’t wrong.

My faults outweighed any love I offered you.
I know myself well, but you had yet to see.
When your eyes were finally opened, you came unglued.
Now you still can’t admit that you’re leaving me.
It was all wrong.


Copyright © 2012 Natasha Guy

1 comment:

  1. I feel the pain and the realization of, not the disappointment of love lost but the person who never really knew you... nice

    ReplyDelete