Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Devoted
Letter to an Unfinished Love

My mornings are still filled with thoughts of you.
When the sun peeks through my windows,
I smile because I feel you on the other end.

Your absence makes my heart grow fonder.
I’ve always heard the saying, but now I’ve lived it.
Maybe this had to be to prove to you what was truth.

If that is the case, take your time in being sure.
If this is what I believe it to be, it will only grow.
Your strength, determination and clarity still amaze me.

I can’t hide that I am in awe of you.
Your name always comes out of my mouth with a smile.
Your face will always melt my heart; this you know.

You’ve been ingrained on every strand of my DNA.
My spirit, soul and body have been intertwined with yours.
I refuse to let two-thirds of that connection disintegrate.

The other third is impossible to constantly maintain.
Especially with the lives we choose to lead.
But that too again, soon enough.
  
Deprivation of self, of the flesh, is manageable.
To keep the hearts and minds untouched though, is unreasonable.
Just swear to me that you won’t erect a barricade.

Tell me that you too feel the tug that I do.
More than aware you are that our hearts are one, not two.
So as the saying goes, my love, to thine own heart be true.

Copyright © 2010 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. We are >>>>>here<<<<<

    If only I could express myself half as well as you do....Thanks for linking me to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks so much for your comment! I hope this was a slight push in the direction that you wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete