Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another One For Today


Painful Senryu


I.
You've left me tattered
On the inside while leaving
The outside pristine.

II.
Like the ocean's calm
Surface, with raging currents
Just below.

III.
So much is brewing
Just beyond prying strangers'
Eyes. Turmoil all mine.

IV.
It's almost funny
To see you concerned with the
Horrid aftermath.

V.
I'd crack a Cheshire
Smile if I thought I'd manage
To avoid sneering.

VI.
My face would betray
Me though. Being directly
Stitched to brokenness.

VII.
I've not yet learned the
Useful art of hiding my
Overwhelming feels.

VIII.
Don't look too long into
The churning pools of distress
Lest you join me.

IX.
It's not a place I
Wish for anyone. Move on
Far away from here.

X.
Better yet, you may
Wanna keep on going far
Far away from me.

Copyright © 2013 Natasha Guy

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you set this one up. It's not a style that I've played with, might have to change that. Beautiful write

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!!! I'd love to see what you'd come up with! Thankies!

      Delete