Friday, May 6, 2011

I Believed

You're the tin man with no heart; you watch with glossy eyes in fascination while my heart flops around like a fish out of water on the tile floor between us. My heart is not hardened against this cruel world and the elements swoop in, mocking it, as if they were vultures toying with a half-dead, almost lifeless carcass.

.

The tears streaming down my face threaten to cry you a river that will rust you solid while you choke and sputter on the salty moisture that you forced out of me without priming the pump. And all this time you stand frozen, not with sympathy or empathy, but with morbid curiosity at the sommersaulting organ at your feet that was once kept safely within my chest.

.

And as my tears mix with my blood to create a rain of terror, I fix my eyes on the funhouse mirror that told me you were just a man who needed love and the only word that bubbles to the surface is... "Liar."

Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

1 comment: