Monday, February 21, 2011

My Version of Love

If one more person...
…tells me that I’m doing it wrong: Love. 
Je t’aime.
Te amo.
Mahal kita.
Táim in nGrá leát.
Those all mean the same thing, “I love you.” But you know what the difference is? The language. That’s right *ding* And wouldn’t ya know, we don’t all speak the same one. If I recited the most beautiful poem in the world, chances are you may be able to hear the love oozing out of my words, but unless you speak the same language, you have no idea what I’ve actually said. I could be crooning about my long lost, but beloved, nail polish for all you would know. 
All that to say, I’m doing it MY way. I’m doing it the way my heart speaks. And you know what? I speak two love languages. His and mine. They are not the same, but I’m learning to translate well. And not only translate so that I may understand, but to speak so that I may communicate. Just because you, you, you or anyone else for that matter, do not understand the intricacies within our love, does NOT mean that it is wrong. It means that it is different and that you have yet to understand. Things that are different are not wrong simply because you do not understand. They are different. And you know what? Different WORKS for me.


Copyright © 2011 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment