Thursday, June 24, 2010

Back to the Basics

Departure

The thoughts were there;
I pushed them back.
Then you were there,
But memories “we” lacked.

Whenever I had a question,
I felt as if I was invading.
Then came feelings of guilt
And of course the tears were cascading.

I’m not good at this game.
I’m needy, I know.
But I could have sworn the disclaimer
Said it; was it too tiny to show?

We both agreed to take this journey
To see if we could build more.
I wish the problem were
That there was no more to explore.

I know I’m impatient.
You aren’t the first to say that.
Eventually someone will see that I’m
A great addition to their act.

All I know is that I was unhappy
And maybe friends is where we should be.
Then I can’t be hurt at all
When your thoughts never land on me.

I tried to be understanding.
God knows I tried to be strong.
But by then I felt invisible
And time between us grew too long.

I asked repeatedly.
It felt wrong to beg.
It wouldn’t change anyway,
So I went away instead.

I’m not placing blame with you,
I’m not saying there was no fun.
But when my feelings held no weight,
The fun that was there was done.

                                                               

Copyright © 2010 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment