Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where In Da Hell Is Osama?

Does anyone even remember who Osama Bin Laden is?

We have mourned our fallen towers for years.

We have gone as far as celebration about a death.

Did y’all forget that Osama’s last name isn’t Hussein?

.

Situations of a political matter don’t often pull my string.

You see, I preach from the proverbial soap box often, just not about this.

But…I feel alone and stranded on this big rock we call the U.S. of A.

The land of the free and the brave seems to be an isolation tank right now.

.

Am I the only American here screaming, “Where In Da Hell Is Osama?”

.

Now we are a young country, as far as countries go.

I understand that we wage war to protect who we are,

As well as whom we want to be, in the chaotic world as a whole.

Sometimes that next step or the stand itself is a hard one, I get it.

.

What I don’t get, is why I seem like the only one still looking.

Most folk get offended when someone says,

“All y’all dark or pale or yellow folk look the same to me,” and shrugs.

Rightly so…but isn’t that what we are all doing now?

.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I could have sworn our troops were on a mission.

Now, let me pause and say that I appreciate our men and women,

The ones that fight for our freedom, and other’s freedoms, every day.

A moment of silence, if you will, for the resting, fighting and fallen military.

1

2

3

4

5

And now I politely ask, “Where In Da Hell Is Osama?”

.

Can I get an “Amen,” or a hand raised way in the back?

Does anyone else feel my anguish and frustration?

Can someone hand me a road map because I’m lost.

Are any of y’all thinking…wait, I thought we hung that fool?

.

Let me introduce you to Mr. Saddam Hussein!

He was the leader of Iraq, not the Taliban!

He made bad blood with G.W. Bush SENIOR,

You see, I suggest, that we have JUST seen the end of the Gulf War.

.

Now, like I said, I don’t do politics most of the time,

But right now I feel like I’m being force fed a stick of dynamite,

Coated with just enough crude oil to make it palatable.

Well guess what? I’m not opening my mouth!

.

No sir! I’ve got a few questions left before I swallow any of this.

Truth: Our buildings went down and the Taliban said, “We did it!”

Next: We sent troops to go get the sons of bitches.

Conclusion: We got him! Saddam is goin’ down!

.

Wait…what? “Where In Da Hell Is Osama?”

.

I have the audacity to think for myself and not follow the flock!

I have been told that I think outside the box.

My answer to that is, “Oh shit! There was a box??”

I’m almost done…stay with me just a few minutes longer.

.

I propose that G Dub Junior went to finish his daddy’s war.

We stormed the Middle East saying, “Get the bastard that dared cross our soil!”

I was supportive too, with my hand raised Black Panther style!

Then, “Here’s the big bad guy, Saddam Hussein! Everyone cheer!!!”

.

Huh? Excuse me? I think I missed a memo somewhere because

All Middle Easterners DO NOT look the same.

Hell, this man even goes by a different name!

He may have done some bad, bad things but...

.

“Where In Da Hell Is Osama?”

Copyright © 2009 Natasha Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment